Welcome to my Puerto Duquesa blog

I've been visiting Puerto Duquesa three or four times a year for the past 20 years and have seen the area change enormously in that time. Where once there were dirt tracks and open countryside, there are now two lane motorways and apartment complexes. And whilst the area has changed and grown dramatically, it has still retained its small town, or should that be 'small marina' feel, which keeps me, and thousands others, coming back year after year.

Since I am currently in the USA it is a slightly odd time to start a blog about Puerto Duquesa, but the reason for doing so is simple - I may actually have some time to write some stuff! Most of the things I'm going to write about are things I like doing in the area or places I like going. Clearly I am not going to be able to cover everything, but hopefully I can give you a taste of what makes this such a special place and give you some ideas for your next trip.

If you can't immediately find what you are looking for, please scroll down and look in the blog archive (click the triangles to expand the list of articles). You might also want to start with these articles: Puerto Duquesa: the basics, Favourite (best?) restaurants in Puerto Duquesa, Puerto Duquesa beaches and Holiday accommodation in Puerto Duquesa. Want to get to know the area? Try A walking tour of Puerto Duquesa.

I welcome contributions, comments, criticisms and...well...praise.

If you want to link to me or you want me to link to you, that'll work too. If I think you're a good local company and you're prepared to part with a few euros, you might be lucky enough to advertise on the blog (which, fyi, is page rank 3 on Google - just type in puerto duquesa at google.com).

Thanks / Gracias

Chris (chris@cdgsmith.com) (March 2007)


Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Semana Santa celebrations near Puerto Duquesa

If you haven’t yet been to a Semana Santa celebration, you really must go (you do not have to be religious to enjoy it). It’s an amazing spectacle, combining religion, history and drama, which culminates on Good Friday (6th April) with a procession through the streets ending at the local church. I spent last year perched on the terrace at Casanis watching Marbella’s strongest young chaps carry an enormous effigy through the narrow streets of the Old Town, followed by what seemed like the entire population of Marbella. It is hard to describe the atmosphere, but I suppose the best word would be ‘medieval-esque’.

The Resident provides details on the Semana Santa celebrations in Manilva & Sabinillas and the Semana Santa celebrations in San Roque, a 15 minute drive from Puerto Duquesa. If you need to hire a car, please see the Puerto Duquesa: Basics section.

If you do make it along, please send in any photos or comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://kaxumumoh.100megsfree5.com/hujasaw.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money